• Join a supportive team environment committed to change
• Make a difference for our Tamariki and young people
• Permanent, Part Time (20 hours per week)
We are a Ministry with a commitment to putting our at most risk children and young people at the heart of everything we do and say.
We are looking for a passionate adoption social worker where you will utilise the latest strengths based practice tools and assessment frameworks to get quality outcomes for tamariki, rangitahi, whānau and the community.
Your day could involve you in training and/or assessment of adoptive applicants and permanent caregivers. This includes domestic and intercountry adoption. You will provide support to adoptive applicants and permanent caregivers to provide care for tamariki. Your role will also involve you working with adults who are part of adoption currently or historically.
Getting the best for those children and young people who are at risk is not an easy job, but when you see the positive difference you can make – it is worth it.
We offer you:
• A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
• A proactive plan around professional development and regular supervision
• A bi-cultural practice approach with the opportunity to work across various community partners and stakeholders
• The opportunity to work in a passionate and rewarding role where lives are changed
• to work within a value based Ministry where you will build and engage in a collaborative working style
You will have:
• exceptional listening skills
• proven ability to quickly build rapport with tamariki and rangatahi
• critical thinking – you know how to gather information and make good evidence based decisions
• a high degree of both verbal and written communication skills (you will need to write court reports)
• a commitment to bi-cultural practice and a culturally responsive approach (a good understanding of Tikanga Māori is essential)
• resilient, motivated and caring nature with a positive “can do” attitude
• flexibility to work afterhours as required
• good computer navigation and typing skills
• full clean valid driver’s licence
• New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Resident status at the time of application
• the knowledge and experience of community and social work best practices to provide advice and contribute to the development of policy and services
• Adoptions Social Work experience is desireable
Full registration with the New Zealand Social Work Registration Board. If you have lodged your registration with the board and are waiting to hear back – please tell us in your application. This role will offer the right candidate the ability to work in a Ministry committed to professionalism, innovation and the ability to find creative solutions to challenges in a role where no two days are the same!
If you are looking for the next challenge where accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence are important in your day to day job, then we would like to hear from you.
How to apply Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate. All external applicants including MSD employees please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note all applications must be made online.
For any further discussion about the position, contact Kay Rogal at email@example.com
Applications close: 16th November 2019 #LI-ORG
To find out more about this role, you can view the position description below: