Permanent full time – This role covers Whakatane / Tauranga and can be based in either location.
Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a caring, supportive team who use the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks; you will work hard to get quality outcomes for tamariki, rangitahi, whanau and the community.
A big part of your day will be supporting frontline social workers to meet health and education needs of children and young people and partnering with other agencies and the community to get the best outcomes. Your tenacity to overcome everyday barriers and ability to drive positive outcomes and strengthen relationships will put you in good stead for this challenging yet hugely rewarding role.
What you will bring?
• A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
• Sound judgement skills
• Ability to quickly build rapport with social workers and external partners
• Resilient, motivated and are able to self-manage
• The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
• Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
• Good written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes
• A positive outlook and supporting nature
It will be an added advantage if you have:
• Knowledge of the Gateway process and Interagency Service agreement
• Knowledge of Site financial obligations and referral processes
• Relationships with external stakeholders, particularly MOE / MOH / YHT
• Knowledge and relationships with NGO’s and local communities
• A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
• Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
• A great, respectful team environment who celebrate each other’s successes
• Support to achieve your goals through tailored training and career development opportunities
• Reimbursement for your annual practicing fee
• Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
• Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
• Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. This role is only open to Oranga Tamariki employees; please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any queries, please contact Angela Bell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close the 5th March 2020