Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a supportive team who has each other’s backs every step of the way by using the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks in this Social Worker role at our Hamilton South site.
What you will do?
• Be the first port of call when we get urgent crisis and unplanned calls
• Work predominantly in triage and referrals we receive on a daily basis
• Gather and collate information about the triage or referral to understand whether it’s Oranga Tamariki business or not
• Decide what the next steps of the process will be and get in touch with the right people
• Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
• Make assessments regarding the safety and wellbeing of the tamariki and rangatahi
• Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
• Become an expert and specialise in triage and referrals
What you will bring?
• A tertiary social work qualification
• A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
• Registration with the Social Work Registration Board or able to register
• Strong knowledge and experience of what Oranga Tamariki does and how we work
• Resilience, initiative and a proactive approach
• Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
• Sound judgement, time management and organisational skills
• The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
• Cultural awareness and confidence to back yourself
• Flexibility with ability to adapt to change
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
• Knowledge of Te Reo would be a plus
• A positive outlook and supporting nature
• A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
• Flexible work opportunities and compensation for overtime hours worked
• A team who enjoy working hard and having fun
• Support to achieve your goals through tailored training and career development opportunities
• Reimbursement for your annual practicing fee
• Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
• Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
• Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
Our Hamilton South team are constantly raising the bar with the work they do together. Our site is the one of the busiest sites in New Zealand and we regularly recognise our people’s hard work by sharing success stories over lunch and giving out nice awards. Our Social Workers have a great opportunity to work in an area of social work that they enjoy or would like to get exposure on and become specialists doing it. This means you are never over run or overlapping your work and have more time to do your job effectively. Being a high Māori demography in Hamilton, we are learning as much as we can about the culture and why it’s so important. Support will be given to those who want to develop or learn Te Reo along with any other relevant training to help you excel as a Social Worker.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on Sravani.email@example.com
Hurry as applications close the 19th March 2020