- Job Type: Ongoing – Part Time
- Location: Bay of Plenty
- Date Advertised: 02-FEB-20
- Job Reference: NZ/31936
- Job Title: Social Worker, Cargiver Recruitment and Support
- Business Unit:
Social Worker, Caregiver Recruitment and Support Team – Oranga Tamariki
Bay of Plenty
30 hours, Permanent
(This regional role will be focussed primarily on supporting our Whakatane and Tauranga sites)
Come and be a part of a dynamic and supportive Caregiver Recruitment and Support team, who specialise in and are fully committed to providing the best possible care for tamariki and rangatahi in their care.
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children is undergoing exciting and world-leading change to ensure the tamariki, whānau and caregivers we work with have the support and services they need to thrive.
About the role:
The role of a Social Worker Caregiver is varied and rewarding. The needs of caregivers are being bought to the forefront of in recognition of the important role they play in the lives of tamariki who cannot live safely at home. You will ensure our caregivers understand their part in a child’s journey through care, are prepared with the skills and information they need to care and are supported to provide nurturing, safe and stable homes for tamariki. Your work will include supporting whānau and non-whānau caregivers, emergency and respite caregivers and long-term caregivers.
This role requires excellent assessment, communication and problem solving skills and the ability to work with caregivers from all walks of life who have varied motivations for providing care. Supporting and valuing caregivers is paramount and you will put caregivers at the centre of everything you do.
Collaborating with the child’s social worker will be a key component of the role as you work together to provide great outcomes for tamariki who need caring for. You’ll also be working with other agencies and providers to ensure the needs of our caregivers are met.
Our team works from a strengths-based perspective and we are fully committed to achieving positive change for the tamariki, whānau and caregivers. You will receive a full induction into the role, regular training and supervision and the support of a strong peer and leadership group.
We can offer you:
• A competitive market rate
• A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
• On-going training and regular supervision
• Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
To be successful, you will need:
• Passion and vision for caregivers and what they need to succeed
• A commitment to tamariki and ensuring their voices are heard and acted on
• Excellent relationship management skills
• A willingness to travel throughout the Bay of Plenty region
• A recognised social work qualification
• Social work registration or be eligible for social work registration through the Social Work Registration Board
• A full, clean driver’s licence
• Right to work in New Zealand
If you think you have what it takes and are dedicated to providing the highest level of support for caregivers, then we want to hear from you.
How to apply:
Apply online with your CV, cover letter and any other necessary documentation. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally. If you have any queries, please contact Natalia Boskovic at Natalia.firstname.lastname@example.org #LI-ORG