Do you want to make a difference for tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? This is a great career development opportunity for a Social Worker to use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks in an exciting role at our Hamilton North site.
What you will do?
• Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
• Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
• Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
• Holding a hui; supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
• Be involved in planning interventions to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau
• Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
• Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
What you will bring?
• A full, clean, current driver’s licence
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
• Experience from the child protection sector
• The ability to analyse and prepare social work and other plans e.g. financial
• Sound judgement and organisational skills
• The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
• Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
• Great written skills as you will need to write court reports, case notes and other documents
• A positive outlook and supporting nature
• A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
• Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
• A great, knowledgeable team who celebrate each other’s successes
• Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
We are a learning site, so we are open for those who wish to have their say to use their voice and help us grow. Our motto is work hard, play hard. Every day in our office is different; it’s busy because we’re all striving to do the right thing for our rangatahi and their whānau. We have a knowledgeable leadership team who are extremely supportive of what we’re doing and have our backs every step of the way.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla at Sravani.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close the 19th February 2020