Come and join our child protection team. We are open to applications from new social work graduates and experienced practitioners.
We are looking for you to come and help us deliver better outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. As part of our team you will spend your day meeting with children and young people, listening to what they have to say, completing assessments, creating plans, participating in hui-a-whanau, family group conferences and partnering with other agencies, community groups and iwi to improve lives.
Getting the best for children and young people is not an easy job, but when you see the positive difference you can make – it is worth it.
What you will bring?
• A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
• Sound judgement skills
• Strong organisational skills
• The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
• Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
• Good written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes
• A positive outlook and supporting nature
What you will do?
• Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
• Work alongside various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
• Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the child, young person and family
• Be involved in planning what social work to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau is required to be delivered
• Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
• Transition children and young people back to their families or into their forever home
• Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
• A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000 (based on your skills and experience)
• A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
• On-going training and regular supervision
• A bi-cultural practice approach
• An opportunity to change lives.
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
Preference is given to those who have provisional or full registration with the New Zealand Social Work Registration Board. If you have lodged your registration with the board and are waiting to hear back – please tell us in your application.
How to apply?
Apply online through our careers page with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. All applications must be submitted online.
If you have any queries, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on email@example.com
Hurry as applications close the 13th March 2020