In order to make positive changes in the lives of children and families in our community, we need people like you who have knowledge, experience and are passionate about the wellbeing of children in exciting permanent and fixed term roles as a Social Worker. If you think you have what it takes, and are dedicated to achieving positive change for children, young people and their families in the community, then we want to hear from you today!
What you will do?
We are currently looking for a full-time qualified Social Worker to join our passionate team at our Waitakere site office. We have availability to bring on 2 fixed term employees. In this fast-paced role, you will work with other social services, agencies and providers to ensure the needs of the child or young person and their family are fully met.
What you will bring?
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• A full, clean, current driver’s licence
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing and written communication skills
• A challenging, fascinating and gratifying career
• On-going training and regular supervision
• A cohesive and supportive team environment
• Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
• Discounts on Southern Cross Health insurance
• Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates
• A salary range between $54,746 and $91,606
Who are we?
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we are passionate about caring for children and supporting families. Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s most risk children and young people.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terri Telford on email@example.com #LI-ORG
Hurry as applications close on the 18th of November 2019