Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a supportive team who has each other’s backs every step of the way by using the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks in the South Auckland Region where we have 5 great opportunities for experienced Social Workers to join the region.
What you will do?
As a Social Worker you will have an opportunity to change the lives of our young people and their whānau, helping them to achieve to their full potential. Using the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks; you will work hard to get quality outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. We currently have 5 permanent opportunities available in the South Auckland Region, which will be part of a dynamic team, and will be responsible for working across the South Auckland Region, supporting the sites. Being a Social Worker with us means you will be meeting with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard, completing assessments and creating plans, participating in Family Group Conferences and partnering with other agencies and the community to find the best outcomes for everyone.
What you will bring?
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• The ability to listen – hear what the child or young person has to say
• Cultural awareness and understanding
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Resilience, motivation and be self-driven
• Flexibility to work an after-hours duty roster
• Strong computer literacy
• A full, clean and valid New Zealand driver’s licence
• Experience working with Oranga Tamariki and is proficient in CYRAS would be an advantage
• Able to build effective working relationships and work effectively as a team
• A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
• A salary range between $54,746.80 – $91,606 (from the 2nd of December, this will change to $55,000 – $100,000)
• On-going support and career development
• Discounts on Southern Cross Health Insurance
• Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates
Who are we?
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities. Oranga Tamariki is leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for Māori as well as other cultures.
What team you will work with?
The South Auckland Region is constantly raising the bar with the work they do together. We are values-driven, close-knit team that works collectively as one team, one region. Our region is the one of the busiest in New Zealand, but also presents numerous opportunities due to the diversity of our community. Our Social Workers have a great opportunity to work in an area of social work that they enjoy and we’re now on the lookout for an experienced Social Workers to join our region.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terri Telford on email@example.com #LI-ORG
Hurry as application close on the 6th of November 2019