negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Speech Language Therapist
- Location: Bay of Plenty
- Date Advertised: 16-JAN-19
- Job Reference: EDU/1376417
- Job Title: Speech Language Therapist
- Business Unit:
Learning Support, Speech-Language Therapist, Bay of Plenty Waiariki
Part-time (0.6 FTE), fixed term position, based in Whakatane
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our tamariki, their family and whānau?
We are seeking highly skilled and motivated person with a current recognised qualification in speech-language therapy and recent experience in this field to join our team.
- The successful applicant will be able to work effectively across both school and early childhood sectors.
- The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of our current Service Delivery Model, and practice will reflect the six element approach.
- Responsibilities will include working with children and young people, their parents, caregivers, whanau, educators and other Learning Support personnel in delivering speech and language services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential as is an ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Practical skills in Maoritanga and/or experience in working with clients of another culture are desirable.
- Skills in the area of Hanen, early intervention, working with children with complex learning/communication needs and knowledge of the early childhood and/or school curriculum are an advantage.
- Experience and confidence in delivering group training to parents and educators is an essential part of the role.
- Have a full current driver’s licence as travel is required.
Although this position in based in Whakatane you may be required at times to work across the wider Bay of Plenty – Waiariki region.
Overseas applicants should have their qualifications approved by New Zealand Speech-Language Therapy Association (NZSTA) in order to determine that they are suitable for working within New Zealand.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button. You can view a position description above or for further information please contact Alison Jones at Alison.Jones@education.govt.nz
Applications close 28 January 2019