negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Multiple Locations
- Date Advertised: 09-NOV-18
- Job Reference: NZ/1366758
- Job Title: Statistical Analyst – Level 2 (Wellington or Christchurch)
- Business Unit:
Statistical Analyst – Level 2 International & Business Performance Statistics
We are currently seeking a Statistical Analyst – Level 2 in Christchurch or Wellington for a permanent full time position.
To competently perform the role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical ability and quantitative skills
- Experience working in programming languages
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and networks, and use these to benefit your unit
- Lead elements of statistical outputs and processes, or components of development work, from start to finish
- Apply cost-benefit, analytical, and conceptual thinking to all areas of your work
- Can articulate the conceptual frameworks relevant to area of work, how these provide context to the work, the rationale for applying them and how it impacts the data
- Become an expert in your subject matter and mentor other analysts
- Apply, contribute to, and share knowledge of your unit’s processes, procedures, frameworks and systems, and appropriately document these
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- The ability to interpret data; understand the limitations of data; think critically about the information and thread it together; applying real-world events and situations
- Understands the audience being spoken to and uses the appropriate medium when delivering a message
- Have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- The ability to prioritise and organise work independently
- An excellent attitude
- Ability to remain agile and adapt to the changing needs of internal and external customers
- Prepared to take ownership of issues and see them through to an outcome that is positive for all parties
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your application.
About International & Business Performance Statistics
We are a team who produce economic statistics about New Zealand businesses and the trade they do with the rest of the world. Our statistics allow evidence-based decision making which impacts the lives of all New Zealanders. Our statistics are used by:
- The Reserve Bank of New Zealand, Treasury, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development, World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
- Market economists and traders to inform global financial investment decisions.
For more information about this role please contact Sarah.Williams@stats.govt.nz
Applications close on 25th November 2018.