negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Planning/Permissions
- Location: Hokitika
- Date Advertised: 16-MAR-20
- Job Reference: DOC/400/100401I
- Job Title: Statutory Support Officer/Project Coordinator, (0.5FTE), Operations Group, Hokitika,
- Business Unit:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Department of Conservation (DOC) team and contribute to the way we manage conservation lands and water on behalf of the New Zealand public.
This role provides high quality statutory process and administrative support to the Planning, Permissions and Land team based in DOC’s Hokitika office. Internal and external communications are also undertaken for the wider unit.
The work includes:
- Administrative support to the team – project coordination tasks, coordination for Official Information Act, Ministerial and Parliamentary Question requests, word processing, document management and administrative support for public notification processes
- Provision of personal assistance to the Manager – diary management, meeting support, drafting correspondence, arranging travel, support for financial processes
- Provision of communications support – newsletters, surveys, presentations, website content, and reports
The successful applicant will:
- Be a self-starter and enjoy a busy working environment
- Have solid experience in secretarial and administrative processes and services
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Use initiative and independent judgement to deal with critical tasks
- Have a customer focused approach
- Contribute positively to a high performing, engaged team
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information please contact Jenny McNally on 027 4083340 or alternatively by email: email@example.com, quoting vacancy 400/100401.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 30 March 2020.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.