negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 21-OCT-19
- Job Reference: NZ/1428460
- Job Title: Strategy Advisor
- Business Unit:
We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result, we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training and seek to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
The TEC internally, fellow government agencies, employers and industry are geared up for change across the careers and tertiary education systems, which is why we a Strategy & Design Directorate responsible for designing system enhancing strategies, products, and services. This new function has the mandate, skills, and resources required for transformational change that will have a lasting impact on the lives of New Zealanders.
We are looking for an individual to bring their knowledge and understanding of the tertiary education sector and help us think strategically about how we realise the Governments 30 year vision for education.
What will you be doing?
- Working on strategy development alongside other senior and principal strategy advisors.
- Working across the organisation to source the information required for decision making and shaping strategy. Analysing data and information to create a compelling picture and story to support our strategic decision making and strategic direction setting
- Co-creating, designing, planning, and building presentations, communications and workshops to get Strategies developed and communicated.
- Working across TEC and the sector to generate thinking and develop strategies
What can you bring?
- An understanding of the education sector, ideally tertiary education.
- An ability to reason through complex problems critically, creatively and systematically.
- Analysis and research skills – you will have the ability to find and assimilate information
- Understanding or passion to learn formal strategy development processes.
- An ability to work collaboratively and bring people together to discuss ideas and develop creative solutions
What will you get in return?
- Work on strategies that will lead to meaningful sector-wide change in a vitally important aspect of New Zealand society.
- An opportunity to work in a collegial fast-paced team passionate about education.
- $80k – $95k+, depending on relevant experience.
- The TEC offers a range of benefits including, flexible working options, a wellness programme and ability to purchase extra leave.
If this sounds of interest, please click apply now. Applications close Sunday 3rd Nov,
Any questions, please email email@example.com.
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application.