negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: Education
- Location: Manawatu
- Date Advertised: 24-OCT-19
- Job Reference: EDU/1429169
- Job Title: Student Achievement Function Practitioner
- Business Unit:
Student Achievement Function Practitioner
Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatū
Full time, Fixed term position (20 January 2020 – 30 June 2020)
Do you want to make a positive difference to student achievement and, kura and schools’ capability?
As a Student Achievement Function Practitioner you will take a strategic view to significantly improve outcomes for priority learners, Māori students, Pasifika students and students with special education needs.
This is your opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This role is focused on working in the primary and secondary sector and we want to hear from you if you possess a passion for driving and lifting achievement for our children and young people, and:
- have a core knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand education system and relevant legislation and applicable criteria
- can work with kura and schools to create urgency and know what brought about improved outcomes so that change can be sustained, replicated and adapted
- can support schools to value and include students’ identity, language and culture to foster engagement in learning
- have experience working within a project management framework
- work strategically with kura and schools to significantly improve outcomes for Māori students by supporting kura and schools to work for, and with, Māori students and their whānau, hapū and iwi
- have the experience and ability to work through a project management framework; and ideally you will have a successful leadership background in an education setting.
- Te Reo Māori or/and Pasifika language would be an advantage
- a working knowledge of assessment tools
- have an understanding of the Taranaki Whanganui Manawatū schooling context
For further information please contact Dianne Wilson on 06 350 9899 or email email@example.com
Applications close on 10 November, 2019.