Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a supportive team who has each other’s backs every step of the way by using the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks in our Specialist Teams site. We have a great fixed term/ secondment opportunity for an experienced Supervisor or Social Worker with recent and relevant acting up supervisor or similar experience to lead a team of experienced Social Workers.
What you will do?
• Lead a team of staff, providing quality supervision that grows the professional knowledge, capability and capacity of your team
• Mentor, coach and develop Social Workers and Workplace Administrators to help them reach their potential
• Help embed all practice tools for your team to make quality assessments
• Partner with and manage the workflow of the team to help them reach KPI’s
• Meet our sites needs as and when required
What you will bring?
• A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• Strong knowledge and experience of what Oranga Tamariki does and how we work
• Previous people management and mentoring experience would be an advantage
• An ability to build and lead an effective team and be a team player
• An understanding of both Youth Justice and Services for Children and Families would be an advantage
• Resilience, initiative and a proactive approach
• Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
• The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
• Sound judgement, time management and organisational skills
• The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
• Cultural awareness and confidence to back yourself
• Knowledge of Te Reo would be a plus
• A salary range between $80,216 – $103,604
• Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
• A team who enjoy working hard and having fun
• A rewarding career where you will work in a values-based role which is truly making a difference
• Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities
• Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
• Practical experience to coach and mentor staff
• Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
• Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
• Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. This role is only open to Oranga Tamariki employees; please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on Sravani.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close the 5th March 2020