- Job Type:
- Category: Ranger
- Location: Kauri Coast
- Date Advertised: 11-NOV-19
- Job Reference: DOC/400/1340I1
- Job Title: Supervisor, Recreation/Historic, Operations Group, Kauri Coast
- Business Unit:
- Is your background in conservation, working with visitor facilities and historic assets?
- Are you passionate about the outdoors and sharing your skills and knowledge with others?
- Does the idea of delivering the Recreation/ Historic annual business plan and the allocating resources to achieve its implementation across a varied and multitude of infrastructure assets including; high profile visitor sites; historic sites; front country; backcountry forest/bush environments appeal to you?
- Does being at the forefront of scheduling and allocating resourcing to deliver to these plans sound interesting to you?
If so, the beautiful Kauri Coast, Kaipara is calling you!
The Kauri Coast Operations Manager is looking for a experienced and motivated person to join the Recreation/Historic team based in the Kauri Coast Office, Dargaville. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to work with, and alongside, a small team dedicated to maintaining infrastructural assets and delivering its annual business plan work in support of its visitor, Recreation & Historic assets for the enjoyment of all who visit and use them in the district.
As Supervisor (Recreation/Historic) your focus is providing support to the Operations Manager through leading the planning, scheduling and allocation of resources for delivery of work plans associated with our Recreation and Historic work across a wide range of assets including tracks, wash stations, huts, campgrounds and structures within the Kauri Coast district.
You will have leadership responsibilities including both maintenance and capital work programmes relating to:
- Visitor work at amenity/camp sites, tracks, structures, bridges and huts.
- Maintenance and upgrade work plans.
The successful applicant will have
- Well-developed relationship management skills
- Project/contract management and budget management skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience and achievements in recreation or cultural heritage management
- Extensive experience in the practical management of recreation and historic assets
- Experience in annual work plans and monthly work plans and communicating them to senior rangers along with the team to ensure successful delivery
- A working knowledge and experience with asset management information systems
- Experience in operating online system software i.e. AMIS, SAP, DOCGIS, DOC Business Planning Software.
- Skills in coaching, training and supporting staff and the acquisition of technical knowledge.
- Ability to work and build successful relationships with Iwi, Whanau & Hapu to sustain and grow conservation.
- Ability to work and build successful relationships and partnerships with the community, stakeholders, business and local government.
- Skills and experience in working collaboratively with others to deliver and achieve conservation outcomes.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact Stephen Soole, email@example.com or telephone (09) 439 3450, quoting vacancy 400/1340.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 25 November 2019.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.