Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a supportive team who has each other’s backs every step of the way by using the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks at our Hamilton North site where we have a great opportunity for an experienced Social Worker looking to step up into a Supervisor role or an existing Supervisor who would like to join a fast paced but rewarding environment in the mighty Waikato.
What you will do?
• Provide quality supervision that grows the professional knowledge, capability and capacity of your team
• Mentor, coach and develop at least 5 Social Workers to help them reach their potential
• Partner with and manage the workflow of the team to help them achieve positive outcomes in a timely manner
• Inspire the team to strive for the best outcomes in a timely manner
• Meet our sites needs as and when required
What you will bring?
• A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
• Registration with the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• Strong knowledge and experience of what Oranga Tamariki does and how we work
• Previous people management and mentoring experience would be an advantage
• Resilience, initiative and a proactive approach
• Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
• The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
• Sound judgement, time management and organisational skills
• The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
• Cultural awareness and confidence to back yourself
• Knowledge of Te Reo and Te Ao Māori
• Experience in working with youth would be an advantage
• A positive outlook and supporting nature
• A salary range between $78,642 – $101,572
• Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
• A team who enjoy working hard and having fun
• A challenging but rewarding career where you will work in a values based role which is truly making a difference
• Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities
• Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
• Practical experience to coach and mentor staff
• Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
Our Hamilton North team are constantly raising the bar with the work they do together. Our site is very busy and there are a lot of youth in our area who need social workers to be passionate and not give up on them. Our Social Workers have a great opportunity to work in an area of social work that they enjoy or would like to get exposure to and become specialists doing it; this means you are never over run or overlapping your work and have more time to do your job effectively. Being a high Māori demography in Hamilton, we are learning as much as we can about the culture and why it’s so important. Support will be given to those who want to develop or learn Te Reo along with any other relevant training to help you excel as a Supervisor.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terri Telford on firstname.lastname@example.org #LI-ORG
Hurry as applications close the 4th of November 2019