negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Otago
- Date Advertised: 06-NOV-18
- Job Reference: NZ/26755
- Job Title: Supervisor Social Worker – Dunedin
- Business Unit:
Supervisor Social Worker (Youth Team) – Dunedin
- Join a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team.
- A role where you can help to coach and mentor while truly making a difference.
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children is committed to putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do and say.
Become part of a supportive team who are fully committed to achieving positive outcomes for young people, whānau and the community.
As a Supervisor at our Dunedin site you will manage and work in partnership with a team of social workers and other stakeholders to protect tamariki and rangatahi. You will uphold best practice and adhere to providing the best possible care and delivery of service that the Ministry prides itself on. Of importance will be your ability to quickly work through complex information to make solid safe decisions and provide advice that is trusted and valued.
To do well in this role you need:
- Significant experience as a social worker.
- Full SWRB registration and current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC).
- Sound statutory social work knowledge and practice.
- Experience with people management with experience coaching and mentoring.
- Strong relationship building experience across communities.
- Current full clean New Zealand driver licence.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- An aptitude to make a difference with the resilience and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong cultural competency and be comfortable working in bi-cultural framework.
In return we offer:
- A competitive market salary.
- A rewarding career where you will work in a value based role truly making a difference.
- On-going training and regular supervision.
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice.
- Practical experience to coach and mentor staff.
- Flexible work options.
How to apply:
Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants including MSD employees please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Claire Ramsay, Claire.email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Position Description – Supervisor Social Worker: