negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 02-MAR-20
- Job Reference: NZ/1454014
- Job Title: Supervisor Social Worker- Engaging Challenging Youth
- Business Unit:
Supervisor Social Worker – Engaging Challenging Youth Team, Wellington
Permanent, Full Time
Wellington’s Engaging Challenging Youth Team (ECY) is a specialised team of social workers who work intensively with Wellington’s rangatahi across care and protection and youth justice who have resisted engagement with professionals are facing complex issues, often including placement, mental health, drugs and alcohol and education.
As the Supervisor of the Engaging Challenging Youth Team, you will lead, manage and work in partnership with a team of social workers and other iwi, Maori, DHB and NGO stakeholders to support these rangatahi.
To do well in this role you need:
- Sound statutory social work knowledge, practice and supervisory experience
- Have leadership skills that build a strong sense of team
- Have excellent organisational skills, and be able to thrive in, and lead others through crisis
- Lead the new Oranga Tamariki way by partnering with Maori and Iwi organisations
- Have the ability to think critically and foster a stance of enquiry
- Experience managing people and building relationships with resilience and a calm approach
- Strong cultural competency and be comfortable working in bi-cultural frameworks upholding 7aa
Applicants will need to have:
- Current full clean drivers’ licence with no conditions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you will need to have a creative, informed approach and be open to new ways of working
- Current right to work in New Zealand.
- A Social Work qualification recognised by the Social Work Registration Board along with current SWRB registration and current Annual Practising Certificate (APC)
In Return We Offer:
- A salary between $80,215.55 – $103,603.90 per annum (based on skills and experience)
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- The opportunity to be part of a specialised social work team
- Ongoing training and regular supervision
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
Applications close: 23/03/2020
For a further discussion about the role contact Angela Reiher at firstname.lastname@example.org