- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: ICT
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 29-JAN-21
- Job Reference: MBIE/1508486-W
- Job Title: Systems Administrator
- Business Unit:
The Systems Administrator will bring their business and system understanding to work across MBIE to ensure IMS system users are supported and best practice is followed.
The Systems Administrator will mainly contribute to the efficient operation of MBIE’s Investment Management System (IMS) and the systems it integrates with – currently FMIS and Enterprise Reporting.
We are starting the build phase of a new investment management system and this role will have the opportunity to be part of this project. The system is a Microsoft CRM based so experience in this or related products would be beneficial.
Our ideal candidate
A proven track record of experience and achievement in:
- Systems administration
- Coordinating processes and people to achieve outcomes
- Government processes and best practice in the funding and contracting area
- SQL skills are highly desirable
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Curiosity around what is and what could be
- Drive for continuous improvement of existing business processes
A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable or extensive and comparable relevant experience is sought.
About the branch and team
The Science System Investment and Performance (SSIP) branch makes, manages and assesses scientific investments to improve the lives of all New Zealanders. The branch delivers:
- Through a portfolio approach, based on broad scientific knowledge within the branch, and the contribution of specialised expertise from the sector (e.g. through Panels and assessors)
- Through sector stewardship, working as a credible partner and neutral broker within the sector and across government to facilitate discussions and identify opportunities
- As a smart operator, with both scientific and government sector credibility, and the ability to marry these to find practical solutions
- By being the expert on best practice and running efficient, clear processes.
The Investment Operations Team leads:
- Business process and system support to maximise the operations of investment processing
- The provision of specialised business support to ensure funding and contracting processes are run according to best practice standards
- The coordination of timeline planning, application, assessment, contracting and payment processes, data management, funding and contracting administration and external customer support
- Management of the college of assessors
How to find out more and apply
Please follow the online process to submit your up to date CV and cover letter.
All applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any questions please contact Steve email@example.com
Applications close on the 10th of February 2021.