The Customer Insight and Evaluation (CIE) team are making a difference. We’re the storytellers, the data wranglers, and the insight seekers who analyse with rigour, challenge thinking, and inspire action resulting in tangible differences in outcomes for IR and our customers.
We love what we do, and we’re looking for a Team Lead who loves what they do too.
What the role will involve for you:
– You’ll be leading a group of highly experienced technical experts. They’ll be looking for your guidance in their professional growth, as well as helping wrangle the multitude of possibilities requiring their time and expertise.
– Your energy and curiosity will enable you and the team to seek out new ways of thinking and connections across Information and Intelligence Services and Inland Revenue (potentially the wider public sector too), boldly identifying and exploring opportunities for future collaboration.
– You’ll be building relationships with leaders across the business, bringing an advisory savvy to your conversations. You’ll be reporting into, and working closely with the Customer Insight and Evaluation Group Lead.
What we’re looking to see in your background:
– You may have come from a management support or leadership role, however proven experience in people leadership is a must, as is demonstrable experience engaging with senior leaders and stakeholders. We need to see your confidence and ability to influence people in a style that suits the situation, make the tough calls, and have the frank conversations.
– A sound understanding of the machinery of Government. You know how to use both formal and informal channels to achieve the right outcome.
– Your ability to comfortably communicate at all levels. This means you’re comfortable getting up and speaking in front of a group, communicating potentially complex information in an audience-appropriate manner. You’re also comfortable writing formal or structured documentation in a clear and simple style.
– You’re someone who can draw on a multitude of skills to bring people on the journey with you.
It’s important to us that you feel comfortable in bringing your whole self to work; the team here are diverse and we love it. Having flexibility in your day, based on trust and delivery, is also important to us.
Interest piqued? Come join us! Here’s how you apply
To apply, click on the ‘apply online’ button and attach your current cv and cover letter telling us about the experience you’ll bring to the role, as well as what motivated you to apply. You can also view the Team Lead L2 role description here.
Please note applications close Wednesday 26 February at 12noon