- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Facilities/Asset Management
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 29-JAN-21
- Job Reference: 25605
- Job Title: Team Leader FM (Facilities Management)
- Business Unit:
This is an opportunity to capitalise on your people leadership skills, facilities management experience and/or extensive project management expertise and be at the forefront of leading a forward thinking high performing facilities team based at Government House, Wellington.
About the role:
This is an expansive role and a permanent position that is responsible for the long term stewardship of Government House Wellington and Government House Auckland that has a focus on the day to day operation of the Wellington House. It is a key role in managing the delivery of the Government House annual opex and capex programmes and in supporting the Governor Generals event programme, working alongside other Government House team leaders and managers, interacting with colleagues across DPMC and Central Agency Shared Services in support of Government House.
Using your honed technical and people skills you will be required to manage a team that includes housekeeping, maintenance scheduling, capex and opex planning and is expected to lead health, safety and security at GHW, work with our recurring maintenance provider, and work closely with key external stakeholder relationships of NZ Police and our key garden management contractor.
- Providing functional expertise and advice to support the Manager, Services in decision making on facilities management matters across Government House Wellington and Auckland (GHW and GHA), including managing the development and implementation of short and long term maintenance and capex improvement plans for the properties.
- Security- ensure the properties are secure for Their Excellencies, staff and guests to the House at all times.
- Health and Safety- ensure GH meets its obligations under the Health and safety at Work Act 2015
- Leading with purpose and by example, building trust and respect within the team, encouraging open and professional communication to guide and motivate staff to bring out the best in people.
- Using a centralised FM model that supports and works alongside the Team Leader, Auckland to improve and maintain the Auckland property at a standard that reflects a Vice Regal residence.
- Managing and undertaking responsibility where necessary for the procurement process and contract management of contractors and suppliers within budget allocations and in accordance with all DPMC policies.
- Working with the Manager, Services to negotiate and manage contracts for large projects.
- Managing day to day workload across the team, looking for and implementing new and improved ways of delivering services across GHW and GHA.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly reporting of the capex and opex programme, including annual forecast vs spending, asset lifecycle, 30 year maintenance plan and 5 year improvement and maintenance plan.
- Provide support to the Manager, Services and the Official Secretary in managing relationships with existing and potential art donors of such works and in possible purchases.
- Ensure the work plans and projects are timed to ensure disruption is mitigated for Their Excellencies, their guests and GH staff.
- Accurately tracking and reporting on all expenditure to facilitate budget monitoring and management
- Taking a hands-on role to ensure the work of the FM team is completed to the required standard on a day-to-day basis, particularly during peak periods in support of events.
- Develop and build relationships at Government House and across Department Of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Treasury and CASS.
- The ability to lead a diverse and high performing team and a demonstrated capability and experience in providing positive, effective people leadership.
- A thorough understanding of managing facilities maintenance programmes
- A thorough understanding of relevant legislations including but not limited to workplace Health, Safety, Securityand Privacy obligations and responsibilities.
- Significant experience in the planning and delivery of complex projects or programmes using PM methodology.
- Experience developing workplans, managing resources and improving service provision and processes.
- Understanding of the Government context or willingness to learn
- Proven capability to create and manage an engaged and high performing team.
- Be adept, responsive, flexible, focussed and adaptable while managing ones time and the team, and above all else be prepared to help others during busy periods.
- Have and display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience in influencing people, excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, have the ability to work professionally with a wide range of people at all levels.
- High level of initiative and self-awareness, strong communicator and listener
- Be a team player, a person who’s keen to build and maintain effective working relationships, discreet, always reliable and a person who see opportunity to advance the team.
- Tertiary and/or professional qualifications relevant to the role
Please apply online. The application period closes on 14 February 2021.
Any questions regarding this position can be emailed to Jeff Oakes, Manager Services Government House, DPMC email@example.com