- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 04-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/1510794
- Job Title: Test Lead
- Business Unit:
Test Lead Accessibility– Wellington
The Ministry of Social Development has one of the largest Information Technology Groups in the country. The IT Testing Services Team works in coordination with other IT departments and is primarily responsible for providing independent application and product testing.
About the role:
We are seeking a capable, highly motivated and experienced Test Lead who is keen to work with testers across IT to champion web standards/accessibility testing at MSD. This is your chance to utilise your well demonstrated testing skills and leadership in a large and complex environment.
An overview of your responsibilities:
- Responsible for defining test approaches, creating, maintaining, executing automation tests and analysing results.
- Work with testers across IT to ensure quality assurance includes web standards/accessibility testing
- Perform accessibility audits and reports on our online platforms to provide an accurate benchmark of MSD’s current state to inform investment profile and development.
- Ensure automated testing tools are suitable and provide advice to testers on issues.
- Training of test analyst in the use of automated accessibility testing tools, the use of Assistive Technology for testing, and manual testing techniques
- Build strong trusting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure a high standard of accessibility testing is performed.
You will also need:
- Experience in Testing Web services.
- Be technically savvy – you will be expected to develop both manual and automated tests – we use TOSCA as our tool of choice, as well as Selenium.
- An excellent understanding of the New Zealand Government Web Standards and WCAG
- Proven experience in Accessibility Testing using tools such as but not limited to aXe, WAVE, Siteimprove, Tenon, Powermapper or similar
- Familiarity with testing with Assistive Technologies such as but not limited to JAWS and VoiceOver
- Experience writing test audit reports
- Knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Familiarity or previous experience MSD applications is an advantage.
- Practical knowledge in Agile projects and in DevOps delivery. Exposure to the Scaled Agile framework (SAFe would be a definite advantage)
- Training experience an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- We support your career development and ensure we work with you to meet your goals
- We are committed to work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements!
- Develop skills alongside multiple skilled DevOps teams using cutting edge I.T. systems and automation.
- Work within one of the sector’s largest technology groups in NZ.
- Work for an organisation that makes a difference in the lives of New Zealanders
- Promote continuous learning & improvement – from basic skills to industry-specific content – available to all our people.
- Career coaching and mentorship to help you manage your career and develop professionally.
- Performance Achievement – our performance management process that focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
How to apply:
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter via the “apply” button. A position description is available below.
Applications close: Wednesday 24th February 2021
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.