WineWorks is the leading contract wine-bottling operation in New Zealand with three plants based in Auckland, Hawkes Bay and Marlborough. Kiwi-owned, we pride ourselves on being “Trusted to bottle New Zealand for the World” by supplying manufacturing and logistics services to our valued clients.
We currently have a role for a Warehouse Manager to manage our busy Warehouse and Distribution team based in our Hastings facility. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Warehouse Manager will provide leadership and support to the Dry goods, Warehouse, and Distribution teams, with the responsibility of overseeing the ordering and accurate management of dry goods and planning, organising, and controlling the supply, storage, and distribution activities of WineWorks Hawkes Bay in a productive, cost effective and accurate manner.
To succeed in this role, you will have proven leadership skills in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of the wine industry and experience in Lean manufacturing would be an advantage, but our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience – preference will be given to those who have worked in a manufacturing facility or a contract warehousing environment.
You will be an integral member of our Plant Management team, with responsibility for our warehouse facility and ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment, processes, and the safety of our 24 Warehouse team members in the workplace.
In return, you will join an excellent team who enjoy a great working environment, with exciting career and development opportunities. WineWorks can offer you a supportive leadership team, competitive salary and bonus with sensible hours of work with flexibility.
The best candidates for our business will:
· Demonstrate excellent leadership through focused analysis, a tenacious drive for results and the emotional intelligence required to take the team on the ride
· Respond positively in a dynamic environment where constant plan change is the norm – with a positive, solution-finding approach to challenges
· Demonstrate a keen appreciation of the value of our Clients, Colleagues, Team and Suppliers.
· Legislative knowledge e.g., H & SE Act, Food Safety, Contractual Law
· Computer literacy including all customer interface software
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. All applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or have Permanent Resident status as determined by New Zealand immigration department.