Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a supportive team who has each other’s backs every step of the way by using the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks in the South Auckland Region where we have a great opportunity for an experienced Workplace Administrator today.
What you will do?
• Be responsible for all the administration needs of your Social Worker colleagues including assistance with financial plans for our tamariki and rangatahi
• Liaise with vendors, casual staff and other stakeholders
• Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
• Setting up board placements and providing resources with necessities
• Booking rooms, answering phones and assisting on the reception desk
• Organising welcomes for new comers and whānau as and when required
• Deal with critical scenarios in a calm, professional manner
What you will bring?
• Demonstrated work experience in administration
• Confidence and experience using Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Word
• Excellent attention to detail with effective organisation and prioritisation skills
• Initiative, a proactive approach and not afraid to ask questions
• Great relationship skills with the ability to work as part of a team and add support as and where needed
• Amazing verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
• A positive outlook and supporting nature
• Basic accounting and numeracy skills
• An understanding of Te Reo would be an advantage
• A salary range between $43,291 – $55,024
• Flexible work opportunities
• A team who are passionate in what they do
• Regular, training, projects to get involved in and career development opportunities
• Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
• Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
• Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
• Support in learning Te Reo
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
The South Auckland Region is constantly raising the bar with the work they do together. We are values-driven, close-knit team that works collectively as one team, one region. Our Region is the one of the busiest in New Zealand, but also presents numerous opportunities due to the diversity of our community. Our staff have a great opportunity to work in an area of social work that they enjoy and we’re now on the lookout for an experienced Social Worker Resource Assistant to join our region.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. This role is only open to Oranga Tamariki employees; please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terri Telford on firstname.lastname@example.org #LI-ORG
Hurry as applications close on the 7th of November 2019