We are looking for someone who wants to help make a difference in the lives of our most vulnerable tamariki and whanau within our communities. Be part of a supportive team who are fully committed to achieving positive outcomes for young people, whanau and the community. We are a Ministry with a commitment to putting our children and young people at the heart of everything we do and say. This is a busy and varied role suited to an experienced and professional Administrator. Working under the supervision and guidance of a Supervisor, you will be responsible for a broad range of administrative work supporting the Family Harm Team South.
This may include gathering appropriate information to clients and colleagues, providing case management assistance to the Family Harm Team, assisting in managing client financial plans, maintaining reports, and keeping updated records on our information systems database.
What’s on offer:
• Competitive market salary.
• A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career with a team committed to the highest standards of work.
• On-going training and supervision.
Preference is given to those who have:
• Proven experience in office administration and customer service.
• A high level of competence in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, and able to type more than 40 wpm.
• Strong relationship building skills and experience dealing with members of the public and key stakeholders
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective organisation, planning and time management skills.
• Experience in an admin support role or provision of team focused support services.
• A full, clean, valid New Zealand driver’s licence.
• New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at time of application (This is an ANZSCO level 4/5 role, so this is required).
This is a full-time role that will require you to work weekends and identify a variation of days or hours to complete a 40-hr week.
Flexible to work across the North and South Family Harm teams when required.
You will enjoy dealing with people, provide excellent customer service to our sites and staff, and positively manage internal and external business relationships with ease.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Only applications made online will be accepted.
Important: If you currently work for Oranga Tamariki please apply through your myHR careers portal at work so your application connects to your employee record.
Your cover letter is an important part of the shortlisting process – please ensure you outline your relevant skills and experience in line with the position description.
For further information with regards to the vacancy please contact Sravani Peddibhotla sravani.Peddibhotla@ot.govt.nz
Applications close: Friday 13th March 2020