negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Administration/Support Services
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 16-JAN-19
- Job Reference: EDU/1376502
- Job Title: Senior Advisor Governance
- Business Unit:
Senior Advisor, Governance
Fulltime, based in Wellington
The Ministry of Education’s purpose is to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes in which every New Zealander:
- Is strong in their national and cultural identity
- Aspires for themselves and their children to achieve more
- Has the choice and opportunity to be the best they can be
- Is an active participant and citizen in creating a strong civil society
- Is productive, valued and competitive in the world.
We’re seeking a Senior Advisor to join the Governance Team in the Corporate Strategy and Performance business group.
The Governance Team is accountable for providing quality specialist advice on governance, tikanga and kawa principles to Ministry leaders as well as servicing key governance boards such as the Ministry’s Leadership Team and the Ngārimu Board. Your passion for working in Te Ao Māori will help you succeed in your role with the Ngarimu board.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge and understanding of governance concepts and practices or be willing to develop in this area.
- Be proficient with Te Ao Māori, tikanga principles and kawa
- Have experience using corporate systems
- Be comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders, including MPs.
- Be results-focused and have great attention to detail, sound analytical skills and problem solving ability to work through complex issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, including senior leaders
- Have strong communications skills and be able to interpret information, combine and structure information in ways meaningful to the recipient.
- Have the ability to respond flexibly to changes in work priorities.
- Have an understanding of financial processes
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Bevan Hunter, Manager Governance, on 027214 6176.
Applications close 30 January 2019.