- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Northland
- Date Advertised: 25-OCT-19
- Job Reference: NZ/CORR-010
- Job Title: Catering & Laundry Instructor – Northland Region Corrections Facility
- Business Unit:
Vacancy Number: CORR-010
Closing Date: Wednesday, 06 November 2019
Location: Northland Region Corrections Facility (Kaikohe)
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 0800 437668
Combine your passion for empowering others with your Catering skills and expertise – pass on your knowledge and make a difference!
Now is an exciting time to join us as a Catering and Laundry Instructor, based at our Northland Region Corrections Facility.
Offender Employment (OE) is all about giving prisoners the opportunity to gain skills and work experience, increasing their chances of obtaining employment after release.
In this varied role you will be working with the offenders in our prison, helping them gain new skills and qualifications to improve their chances of finding real jobs upon release. You will be providing direct supervision and practical training in a commercial kitchen setting. From general meal preparation and delivery, to corporate catering, you will enable our people to achieve NZQA qualifications linked to the ServiceIQ. In providing a platform of good working habits to take forward to the future, you will further support rehabilitation and reintegration practices.
The role also provides support to the Laundry operation on occasion, as part of the wider Internal Services Team.
This rewarding position will suit someone who possesses:
- proven passion & experience in the Catering industry at a professional level
- outstanding H&S practices
- exceptional communication skills
- the ability to motivate and develop people within a team environment
- London City & Guilds 706/1 and 706/2 or equivalent trade qualifications
- a current and full New Zealand or international driver licence (NB. You must obtain a full NZ Driver Licence before an offer of employment can be formally made to you)
- the legal right to work full-time in New Zealand (ideally for a minimum of no less than 24 months)
- the ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, medical assessment and physical readiness assessment, and have the declaring of any convictions and/or conflicts of interest approved by us in accordance with our Corrections delegations policy
Experience as an adult educator or NZQA Assessor (4098) is preferred, along with a current First Aid Certificate.
A comprehensive Frontline Futures Introduction into Corrections and extensive initial training is provided for the successful applicant. Instructors have the same classification as Corrections Officers and, as such, complete the same initial training courses. This will involve on-site training as well as residential training at our National Learning Centre in Upper Hutt, Wellington, to focus on the custodial elements of the position.
The hours of work will be on a rostered shift basis of 80 hours per fortnight. Public Holidays with the possibility of some overtime or call-outs may be required.