negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Manawatu – Wanganui
- Date Advertised: 20-JAN-21
- Job Reference: NZ/027
- Job Title: Consultant – Academic Support
- Business Unit:
Office of the Provost
Due to Covid-19 and the worldwide pandemic, we are currently only accepting applications from New Zealand Citizens, New Zealand Residents who are either residing in New Zealand or overseas OR applicants who hold a valid work visa and are currently living in New Zealand.
The Office of Academic Assurance (OAA) has an exciting opportunity for two experienced Consultants (Academic Support) to join the team.
OAA provides support to ensure and maintain excellence in academic governance at Massey University. We work in the areas of qualification lifecycle – approval and review, curriculum management, regulations and compliance, academic policy, committee governance, academic audit and qualification review.
These roles include responsibility for the following:
- Managing (in conjunction with other members of the qualification lifecycle team) the quality assurance reviews and academic audits of all University qualifications
- Providing high level secretarial support to the University’s Academic Committee and the Teaching and Learning Committee by preparing documents and taking formal minutes
- Managing the external accreditation and approval process for the University’s qualifications by administering the internal and external peer review process through the CUAP online system
- Undertaking reviews of academic policies and procedures
- Quality assuring information in the Curriculum Management System
- Supporting the University’s external accreditation activities
- Supporting the Manager, OAA, by undertaking administrative tasks
The successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Senior administrative experience within a University environment or large organisation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Experience taking formal minutes ensuring that decisions are recorded accurately
- Proven ability to prioritise complex and competing demands using time management skills
- Strong and positive interpersonal relationship skills and a proven ability to relate well to staff at all levels
There are two Consultant Academic Support roles available within a team of three. Each role has its own focus area/s and there are some areas where the roles have joint responsibility. The team work to support each other when required.
Closing date: 10 February 2021
Reference number: OP_OAA_027_01/21
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz