negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Communications, Marketing
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 19-FEB-20
- Job Reference: MBIE/1451681
- Job Title: Manager, Design and Marketing
- Business Unit:
- Lead a dynamic and passionate team of professionals
- Challenging and varied role
- Permanent role based in Stout Street, Wellington
About the role:
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about building a productive, sustainable and inclusive economy.
Reporting to the General Manager, Communications, Engagement & Ministerial Services you will lead the strategic planning and prioritisation, development and ongoing enhancement of MBIE’s design and marketing functions.
You will lead a team of specialists who provide marketing and design strategy and advice and production services to MBIE business groups, to support work across regulatory, policy and service delivery to grow New Zealand for all. The team provides:
- Marketing strategy, planning, support and campaign management
- Creative design and production for campaigns, publications, events and websites
- Guidance and management of MBIE visual identities and brand architecture
- MBIE print and warehousing solutions and vendor relationship management
- Multi-media strategy, advice, training, design, animation, video creation,
- Event management, advice, scoping and leverage plans
- Sponsorship, partnership and endorsement planning and development
- Logistics management for MBIE corporate events and some ministerial events
- Advertising production, placement and media procurement
- Assistance with outsourcing for event, design or other services if there is no in-house resource available
Skills and experience required:
- A proven track record and achievement in leading a team of specialists that provide strategic and tactical support across an organisation.
- Wide ranging knowledge of marketing, brand, sponsorship and design best practice to support internal and external activities and engagement
- Strategic planning and implementation across a diverse range of marketing activities including: conventional marketing, digital marketing, direct marketing, brand development and management, events and sponsorship.
How to find out more and apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1451681 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 4 March 2020.