We have two positions which are based in Hamilton but will service Oranga Tamariki Sites throughout the Waikato Region including the Coromandel.
In the Psychologist role you will work with social workers, tamariki and whanau as part of our outreach service in collaboration with other agency partners, to assure positive outcomes for children and young people who have experienced abuse and neglect.
The positions are offered as 2 year fixed-term contracts based with the Manuwai (Hamilton) Clinical Services Team.
Applicants must be registered with the New Zealand Psychologists’ Board
What you will do?
• Manuwai Clinical Services is a small team which provides psychological and therapeutic assessments and specialist interventions for children and young people who have experienced, or are at risk of, abuse and neglect. There are also Specialist Child Witness Interviewers in the team, providing specialist evidential interviews for children and young people who have experienced abuse.
• The Psychologist role includes providing consultations for Social Workers and working alongside other government organisations and community agencies to ensure the best outcomes for tamariki and rangitahi and their whanau.
What you will bring?
• Be registered with the New Zealand Psychologists’ Board
• Proven work experience as a Psychologist with children and young people would be an advantage
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong engagement and relationship building skills
• Cultural awareness and commitment to the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi
• Empathy and sound judgement
• The ability to manage risk and make difficult decisions
• Experience with writing a variety of assessment reports eg. cognitive, parental capacity, neurodevelopmental and mental health assessments.
What’s on offer?
• A salary range between $70,657 – $85,966
• Peer support, supervision, case reviews
• Opportunities for further professional development and ‘on the job’ training
• Opportunities to work alongside various groups, build networks and strengthen community relationships
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any queries, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close the 6th March 2020