negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 02-NOV-18
- Job Reference: NZ/SDNR10343
- Job Title: Psychologists- Northern Region
- Business Unit:
Vacancy Number: SDNR10343
Location: Northern Region
Recruitment Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thrive on new challenges?
- Want your work to be rewarding and make a real difference?
- Enjoy working with a diverse client group?
- Want to develop a wide range of valuable clinical skills?
- Want to be part of a skilled, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team?
If you answered yes, then working with the Department of Corrections could be for you.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a supportive, experienced and dynamic team, engaged in demanding and rewarding work. You will develop and use your clinical expertise to motivate and empower people make positive changes in their lives, address a range of needs and make your community safer.
Our psychologists work across prisons and Community Corrections undertaking a wide range of tasks including:
- Clinical assessments and treatment of a broad range of needs
- Providing supervision and psychological advice to other professionals
- Delivering training
- Undertaking applied research
- Acting as Expert Witness to the courts
There are five Psychologist teams in the Northern Region, each offering unique opportunities.
We have positions available at:
- Taikokerau Psychologist Office based in the Bay of Isalands covering Kaitaia to Whangarei,
- North Auckland based at Auckland Prison in the Psychologist Office and in the Te Piriti Special Treatment Unit
- Central Auckland Regional Psychologist Office
- Manukau Psychologist Office based in South Auckland at Auckland Region Women’s Corrections Facility
Whichever office is the best fit for you, we will provide you with;
- a highly competitive salary
- ongoing support and training
- career advancement
- opportunities to gain experience across each of these teams.
If you would like to discuss which positions are currently available, please contact Kalpana Govind.
Applications are invited from Registered Psychologists with a minimum of a Master’s degree in Forensic or Clinical Psychology.
The Department of Corrections has Accredited Employer status with NZ immigration.