Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always **design with community in mind** .
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
**About the role**
Do you want a role where you are able to enjoy the luxury of working in one of the most creative cultural destinations in New Zealand? Vibrant Wellington is where you’ll be contributing to the success of our transportation projects by taking part in traffic engineering and transport planning, and/or traffic signal design and road safety engineering.
Our close team environment will ensure you thrive, as well as supporting other members of the team to achieve overall goals. You will be open to new ideas and have enthusiasm for innovative thinking.
As an employee with Stantec, you will have opportunities that only a global company can provide.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Carry out site surveys, investigations and feasibility studies for proposed projects
• Produce calculations, specifications and drawings
• Support projects by assisting with planning, budgeting, co-ordination and report writing
• Assist with communication and development of on-going contacts with clients as required.
Transport and Traffic Engineer – Wellington
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• BE Civil, or equivalent qualification
• Five years’ traffic engineering experience
• Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
• Able to build trust and provide support to peers
• A valid New Zealand drivers’ licence.
**What we offer**
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Working Arrangements
**How to apply**
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
Applications close on Monday 30 March 2020.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.