negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: Administration
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 20-FEB-20
- Job Reference: 22525
- Job Title: Executive Assistant – Director, Economic System
- Business Unit:
This is a fantastic one year fixed term or secondment opportunity to broaden your experience, grow your career and showcase your skills and potential as a highly skilled Executive Assistant.
- Key executive support role at leadership level
- An opportunity to add-value at the heart of central government
- Join our passionate and high performing team making a real difference
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government’s lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to be a world-leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders.
We have a fantastic one year fixed term or secondment opportunity for a talented and highly-skilled Executive Assistant to support the Director, Economic System. This is a key support role at the core of the Treasury where you’ll keep the Director well-informed of what is happening now and what is ahead. You will provide effective and efficient executive support to ensure the Director is supported to do their best work. The key to your success will be your ability to understand our organisation, the role of your leader and to be passionate about what we are trying to achieve. The Director will appreciate your pro-active approach, your collaborative style and your ability to deliver time and time again.
- Be a strategic partner and have a high level of contact with a range of stakeholders
- Enjoy a wide variety of work and get a unique insight into the work of a central agency
- Utilise your expertise and provide mentoring and guidance to other administrators
You will be required to:
- Pre-empt the Director’s needs, exercise judgement based on those needs and co-ordinate information and resources for their commitments
- Manage a complex diary and inbox, but also play a key strategic support role
- Screen, assess and manage requests of the Director’s time
- Co-ordinate, organise and execute requirements for meetings and directorate/team events
- Prepare and draft correspondence including emails, reports and documents
- 3 years’ experience in an executive assistant role supporting senior management
- Highly effective forward planning and organisational skills in a complex work environment
- A desire to learn and continually improve with a growth mind-set, and a passion for developing your career
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills who enjoys building and maintaining great relationships
- Reads and understands situations, negotiates well and influences naturally
- An ability to execute with intuition, use sound judgement and anticipate well
- Friendly, approachable with a positive and can-do attitude
- Agile and flexible to changing needs and expectations
We Can Offer:
- Interesting and varied work
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development
- Great benefits and a fun and inclusive work environment
The Treasury values diversity and inclusion and encourages a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements.
Applications close – Monday, 2 March 2020. All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached Job Description. For further detail and more information, please contact Judy Lu, Executive Assistant, email@example.com