We are seeking an energetic Lead Advisor who will translate strategy into operational delivery and manage a portfolio of key services. Joining our Safe, Strong Families and Communities team, this role offers new challenges and exciting work opportunities, and the chance to work alongside a dedicated and fun team.
The Māori, Communities and Partnerships Group is part of the Ministry of Social Development (MSD). The purpose of MSD is to help New Zealanders to help themselves to be safe, strong and independent.
The current focus of the Safe, Strong Families and Communities team involves MSD’s response to Sexual Violence, Family Violence and Building Financial Capability across New Zealand.
In our work, we make a real and positive difference for communities, through the services we invest in and the support we give.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing a range of social services for New Zealanders. The core component of this role The core component of this role is working within the Building Financial Capability work programme to support the availability, accessibility and quality of services that respond to the needs of communities across NZ.
We are seeking a positive and motivated individual, with relevant prior experience in community and social services who can hit the ground running.
It is essential that you bring:
• a strong understanding of Central Government; the Machinery of Government
• proven experience leading complex work programmes, particularly involving multiple agencies, and coaching team members
• the ability to confidently interact with senior internal and external stakeholders
• excellent relationship management skills and a willingness to collaborate, share and accept ideas
• demonstrated knowledge and skills in service design, turning strategy into operational delivery and portfolio management
• excellent problem-solving capabilities with a pragmatic and flexible attitude
• highly effective communication style, sound judgement, professionalism and integrity
You will need excellent relationship management skills and be able to demonstrate how you have contributed to making your working environments great places to work. You will also be able to demonstrate your ability to develop practical solutions for complex problems with a focus on getting the job done!
A significant part of your role will be building relationships with key government stakeholders and internal ministry staff. This means you are an effective communicator and excellent relationship manager with a collaborative work ethic and values that align to MSD’s priorities.
If you’ve got what it takes, we would love to hear from you.
Salary Range: $78,027.00 – $117,041.00
How to Apply
To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button to upload your CV and cover letter, and complete the online application form. All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm Thursday 26th March 2020