- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 02-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/1508839
- Job Title: Procurement and Contracts Specialist
- Business Unit:
If you’re looking for your “why”, then come and join us at TEC. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training.
It’s an exciting time to be working at TEC as we expand our role from an investor in tertiary education, to one that also seeks to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 70+. We are developing tools and information to help all New Zealanders navigate a path of lifelong learning for fulfilling careers and successful lives.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement and Contracts Specialist fixed term, through to March 2023. As the Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will provide specialist procurement advice, whilst , developing and leading the procurement and contract management functions for TEC. Including ensuring we operate within the relevant, procurement, legal and financial delegation frameworks.
The role requires someone who has energy and drive, expert knowledge of the Government Procurement Rules and can hit the ground running.
What will you be doing?
- Partnering with TEC staff to jointly identify current and future procurements
- Providing procurement advice to TEC staff and supporting them through the procurement process
- Developing and implementing a framework for monitoring contracts including the role of the contract management system ensuring we plan for contract renewals
- Leading, managing, mentoring and coaching our Procurement and Contracts Administrator
- Developing relationships across the TEC
- Assisting with drafting contracts and grant funding agreements
- Maintaining the TEC procurement knowledge base, polices and procedures, and facilitating tailored training sessions for managers
- Ensuring compliance with govt procurement practices
- Assisting and advising the Manager Business Support to manage TEC building leases and fit outs.
What will bring?
- Proven knowledge of the Government Procurement Rules
- Proven in depth knowledge and experience in the full life cycle of procurement/contracting
- Proven experience leading contract and procurement negotiations with external parties
- Your ability and experience to identify and mitigate contractual and other risks
- Strong and proven knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in procurement and contracting
What will you get in return?
- $100k – $118+, depending on relevant experience
- Friendly and supportive team
- A values driven and collaborative culture
If this sounds of interest, please apply now. Applications close on 12 February 2021. For more information see the position description or if for questions only, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note you must be a NZ citizen or hold permanent residency to be eligible to apply for this role.