- Job Type:
- Category: Other
- Location: Multiple Locations
- Date Advertised: 26-JAN-21
- Job Reference: NZTA/1508066
- Job Title: Regional Managers – Multiple opportunities
- Business Unit:
- Multiple Regional Manager opportunities across Aotearoa
- Build, enhance and maintain Waka Kotahi’s presence and reputation in the regions
- Be a champion for the region telling the regional ‘story’
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation’s performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Transport Services is an end-to-end business group that focuses on our transport system – from policy and planning, through design and delivery, to maintenance and operations. We have some of the most capable and motivated people in the industry providing a transport system that enhances the way New Zealanders live, travel work and connect.
Transport Services is changing, and a new operating model is being introduced to enable us to meet the growing demands on our transport system, better serve our regions and fully develop our multimodal transport capability. This new operating model has created over 50 exciting new opportunities nationwide to keep Aotearoa moving
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
There are a number of Regional Manager opportunities to join the Transport Services team. within the System Design, Infrastructure Delivery and Maintenance and Operations business groups.
As a Regional Manager, you will work collaboratively with the other regional manager roles and regionally based teams to ensure the adoption of national best practice/delivery whilst continuing to support regional aspirations and delivery of regional outcomes.
These are brand new opportunities and a chance to develop a strong regional presence through the effective management of relationships with key regional partners, Treaty partners and stakeholders.
As well as being accountable for the Waka Kotahi values and behaviours, regardless of what business group you are in, your role has the following specific key accountabilities:
- Implementing a coordinated regional stakeholder engagement strategy with Treaty partners, councils, communities, local partners and suppliers.
- Collaborating with the Director Regional Relationships, to build and lead an engaged and empowered regional team
- Take the lead in developing strong and effective relationships with key regional partners, Treaty partners and stakeholders
- Adopt a Waka Kotahi “one team” thinking and approach across all activities, and drive this through teams
- Ensure briefings, enquiries, complaints, and network and maintenance enquiries/complaints are managed to the required levels of service
Below are accountabilities that are specific to each different business group:
Regional Manager, System Design
- Maintain oversight and facilitate strategic regional planning conversations and approach for the development of the Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP)
- Working with the strategic planners to ensure integrated land use and transport system planning for the region
- Ensure the region’s local councils are provided with high quality advice and support for investment proposals
- Maintain oversight and ensure capital projects deliver on project objectives and outcomes
- Ensure healthy relationships are maintained between national System Design teams and other internal and external parties (including Iwi, community groups and key council officials)
Regional Manager, Infrastructure Delivery
- Manage the effective delivery of the ongoing programme of capital improvement projects withing the region
- Maintain oversight of and ensure the effective delivery of the regional procurement of contractors/suppliers for capital improvement projects
- Ensure regular conversations for collaborative transport system work opportunities and occurring with local councils
- Build and lead relationships with key contractors and suppliers in the region
Regional Manager, Maintenance and Operations
- Maintain oversight of and ensure detailed forward maintenance planning and engineering design work within regional state highway networks is undertaken
- Maintain oversight of and ensure the effective delivery of LCLR projects within the region
- Working with the Senior Manager Maintenance and Operations; ensure the quality control and performance review of maintenance contracts is undertaken regularly within the region
- Ensure the region’s local councils are provide with technical support and investment advice for maintenance activities
- Ensure regular conversations for collaborative transport system work opportunities are occurring with local councils
- Support the implementation of new improvement projects into maintenance and operations
- Ensure healthy relationships are maintained between Maintenance and Operations teams and other internal and external parties (Including Iwi, community groups and key council officials)
Ko koe tēnei | About you
As well as your leadership attributes, you will need to bring your ‘know how’ to any of the Regional Manager roles:
- Experience leading large teams at a senior level
- Strong ability to build relationships with key senior people and leverage those relationships to build consensus and create strategic alignment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – the ability to tall a compelling story, translating complex topics and issues at the correct level to influence the audience
- Exceptional ability to facilitate, influence and persuade, including connecting the right people together to resolve complex issues
- Exceptional ability at taking a strategic approach to conceptualising and maintaining complex relationship frameworks, practicing and leveraging those to drive the long-term success of the Transport Agency, New Zealand and the region
- A comprehensive understanding of New Zealand land transport and resource management legislation is desirable
Applications close | Rā Katinga
16th February 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: [email protected]
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.