Do you have excellent organisation and planning skills and a passion for working with young people? We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Youth Worker for our Orewa site for a fixed term, full time 1-year contract today.
What you will do?
At our Orewa site, we are working differently with our tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau. We are taking a collaborative team approach to decision making, planning and case management. You will be part of the friendly Orewa team, interfacing between staff, clients and their whanau and caregivers.
This position will see you involved in all aspects of supporting the team to implement the non-social work components of the young person’s plan. The scope for development in this role is great and you will be a valued member of the team.
Examples of things you might do include:
• Setting up and facilitating meetings
• Making and coordinating appointments for tamariki and rangatahi
• Taking children and young people to appointments that do not require a social workers presence
• Helping rangatahi to learn independence skills such as shopping and budgeting
• Accompanying children and young people to a sporting or cultural event and connecting them with mentors in the community
• Sitting with tamariki and rangatahi to read a story while their caregiver or social worker is in a meeting
• Recording and other administrative tasks to support the team
These are just examples; a lot will depend on the special skills you bring to the team and how these can contribute to better outcomes for our tamariki and rangatahi. You will be involved in the planning for tamariki and rangatahi provide valuable feedback to the team from your involvement.
What’s on offer?
• A salary between $44,156 – $64,768
• A challenging, fascinating and rewarding position within a team committed to the highest standards of work
• On-going training and supervision
If you think you have what it takes and are dedicated to achieving positive change for tamariki and rangatahi and their whānau in the community, then we want to hear from you today!
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on email@example.com
Hurry as applications close on the 19th February 2020