- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 05-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/1511224
- Job Title: Lead Test Engineer – 12 months Fixed-term
- Business Unit:
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Test Strategies, Test Plans, Schedules, Resource Plans, Test Approach and presentations
- Test Automation using Selenium (Selenium Java)
- Fixed-term, based in Wellington
- Join an organisation that supports and develops your career
As a Lead Test Engineer, you will be forward-thinking, ambitious and an experienced professional. You will be responsible for managing small streams of work to the required quality standards. This includes managing the overall test activities and the workload of other test professionals that are required to deliver business requirements while also being responsible for producing test artefacts and hands-on executive of test activities.
ACC has been improving the lives of New Zealanders since 1974. With ACC, you’ll be supporting people in Aotearoa to stay safe by minimising the incidence and impact of injury, as well as helping them recover from injury if an accident does happen. Join us – an organisation that grew out of bold thinking and has an enduring commitment to care for others at work, home and play.
This is a fast pace and exciting Lead Test Engineer position where you will be involved in all aspects of testing from contributing to test policies, assisting with the creation of test automation strategies and plans to design automated test scenario’s. You’ll be an important part of a team of test professionals who have a sound understanding of software development.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role:
- Developing and implementing automated test cases
- Creating test cases, develop and maintain test specifications, test scripts, and test data
- Troubleshoot test issues, recording test results, and defect tracking
- Implementing the current automation framework
- Assisting in the ongoing development of the automated framework at ACC
- Develop test result metrics and reporting as required.
- Involvement at all stages of the SDLC from requirements and engineering through to deployment and support.
- An ISTQB Foundation Qualification
- Siz plus years’ experience in software testing and four years of this in a Senior Test Analyst role or preferably two years in a test lead role
- Six plus years’ experience in automation utilising Selenium (Selenium Java would be advantageous)
- Three plus years’ experience in an agile environment (would be advantageous)
- Good understanding of and practical experience in testing techniques
- Understanding of the full test life cycle, particularly as it fits with the overall solution development life cycle methods, tools, controls and techniques (e.g. Agile (SAFe), Waterfall, Prince2, DevOps, SDLC, etc.)
- Very strong customer focus and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce well-structured and easily understood documentation and make persuasive presentations that can be understood by stakeholders, this includes but not limited to Traceability Matrix, Test Cases, and Execution Report etc.
- Strong understanding of service layer automation
- Strong understanding and experience in a CI/CD tool like Azure DevOps or AWS, with the ability to integrate test automation into the release cycle
- Ability to mentor and provide guidance to team members
- Strong understanding of Java to perform code reviews at a high standard
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome applications from people of every ethnicity, national origin, gender orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, and/or status as an individual with a disability. It’s important to us that people bring their whole selves to work. To support an inclusive workplace we have:
- Employee networks:
- Women’s Network
- Cross-Cultural Network
- ACC’s Māori Strategy, Whāia te Tika
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
- Advocates in the disability sector
- Diversity and Inclusion Approach
- Support Māori by partnering with iwi and other Māori entities
Applications will run through until an ideal candidate is found. Applications will only be accepted when formally submitted through our ACC career website. If you have any questions about the role, please contactSheronika.Shandil@acc.co.nz